Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Dark day for Liverpool FC

Today I am rather gutted to announce Michael Owens return to the premiership. Gutted because Owen will not be gracing the Reds on the Merseyside but will be scoring alot of goals for a certain Newcastle on the Tyneside instead. Owen for years has been my favourite striker in the world because of his speed, agility, finishing touch and his temperament on the pitch. He's an alround nice guy and a fantastic soccer player and happened to play for the Reds. So, this I think is the first significant blunder that Rafa Benetez has made since taking on managing Liverpool, why? Because firstly Owen wanted a return to the Reds and secondly he is a prolific goalscorer averaging about 20 goals a year, 8 more than last years top score for the red shirt. But what a situation: Owen one of the worlds best strikers finds himself without first team action due to Guti, Raul, Ronaldo and now Robinho as choices ahead of him at Real. To add to the frustration Sven has given an ultimatum that England players must be playing first team football to make his world cup squad. So naturally Owen wants to move to a club he will get 1st team footy only to find that all the English powerhouses have closed their checkbooks for the summer and he can't even get Champions League soccer back in England (the reason he left the European champions for Real in the first place) What a miserable situation for poor Owen, i feel for him but I'm also sad for Liverpool, they just didn't get in in time. In the words of Steven Gerrard (they may well be infamous in the near future) "Of course I want Michael to return, he's worth at least 20 goals a season. Imagine him returning to Anfield and scoring against us, it would be a nightmare!!" Those words will probably be lived down this season. However, my best wishes do go out to Owen as he was rather short on options . I hope to see him scoring for England at the World Cup next year.

In all this Real come away the fat cats again with about a 10 million pound profit on the player alone for a years worth of service to the club as Newcastle bought him for an estimated 17million.

8 Comments:

Blogger Scotty said...

Those Real Madrid guys wouldn't make Redemption starting line up. I think it's great that a mid table team has received a great player to help lift them.


I have a blog

www.scottydonaldson.blogspot.com

This is not spam.
Did you see those Stags? Yeha!
Party my place Saturday night. I hope I'm not being too forward.

9/06/2005 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i see your website is currently the most popular in terms of comments, im happy for you!

9/07/2005 10:33 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

loved the stags result, ohh yeah. i'm not a Newcastle fan and I think Owen is going to quickly get sick of the petty in house politics that have plagued the club so badly for seasons now

9/07/2005 4:05 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Yeah hopefully he doesn't get into any fights with his teammates on the paddock. It seems very Melchester if you ask me!

9/09/2005 2:36 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

It is hard to believe that the once mighty have fallen in the Premiership. Look at the most recent results the Arse bit the dust and Man U narrowly escaped defeat. What is going on?

9/12/2005 3:20 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

Another Champions League victory. Owen was average for the Jordies. Did you ever eat Jordies pies in Invers during your school days? They got me through those difficult peer pressure days. A diet of coke, peanut slabs and jordies pies. It's a vicious cycle. I get sad and lonely, I eat food I get fat, people alienate me because I'm fat.

9/15/2005 12:19 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

...so then i get lonely and need to eat to help me feel better, but then i get fatter and feel so useless and nobody likes me, i'm lonely again, so its just me and my food for company, i eat some more to make me feel better......poor scotty

9/16/2005 2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owen finally got slipped one past the keeper at the weekend. About bleeding time! All that namby pamby goalmouth banter has finally paid off.

9/20/2005 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page