Monday, December 04, 2006

Justin "the centurion" Latif

On Saturday the 2nd of December I went out to watch two of Aucklands top club cricket sides square off in day two of their two day test match. Not alot happened in the morning, ho hum batting, ho hum bowling with the odd flash of brilliance every so often. But it wasn't until the afternoon that I was given a real spectators treat from none other than the prolific scoring machine Justin Latif. Opening for Eden Roskill he assumed the role of supporting batsmen as his fellow opener plundered the early opening attack. He soon became the anchor of the Roskill innings and played the complete openers innings. Patiently dispatching bad balls, keeping the runs ticking over with a number of singles without creating any chances for the Waitakere field, batting so levelheadedly, calm and collected and not even letting a bouncer to the head affect his game. Completely unphasable. Wow!!


It was an incredible display of batting and one of the most complete innings I have seen from a batsmen. He was finally dismissed with a superb c & b for the grand total of 105 having faced 182 deliveries after 4 hours at the crease. Those not at the game missed a treat as the NZherald will tell you and of course all the adoring female fans at the game....if only I'd had my bat at the game to get signed by him, he wouldn't sign my chest. PS: the photos may not actually be of Justin but the similarities are quite striking.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey justin my friend. sorry i couldn't be there on saturday. i had this series in aus on at the moment I'm pretty tied up with. At the rate your going I'll see you at the world series in January though eh!! Keep up that chilled out attitude though mate, it works wonders for me, i usually only have 2 hours sleep though before a game

12/04/2006 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

##^% &*^%( (&%^$^*. I'd like you if you weren't so arrogant and for the fact that you'll be taking my gloves off me next week cos i suck, you ^%$#* )(%#$. Nice innings. couldn't do it if i tried.

12/04/2006 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Justin, what a rave review. You were amazing on Saturday, I'm so jealous how you talked to that blond girl with the expensive sunglasses. She thinks she's better than me but she's not!!! I'm coming to watch this Saturday too, make sure the captain wins the toss and elects to bat. I get bored watching when your not at the crease

12/04/2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Hey Justin
Quite afew comments already huh!! Just shows what a great innings you compiled there. Shot! ;)

12/04/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Scotty said...

There is a shortage of openers out there at the moment. Once you get past Tim Mackintosh you are in.

P.S. My name sake the virus hopes you don't steal his place in the Auckland side!

Why don't you write a story on yourself. Unethical?

12/05/2006 12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page