Wednesday, December 14, 2005

GOING TO U2!!!!



Yes. its an exciting time in the life of probably most people when they get to go to their first U2 show. I for one am at the moment now awaiting with baited breath the Saturday 18th of March concert. I actually managed to get a ticket via the Yeoman boys for the Friday night show. This was marvellous only it is going to be my last day on my first placement. I was going to have to ask permission to leave my last day 2 hrs early as my plane i would need to catch was at 4:05 and didn't arrive in AKL til 6:50 (40mins to get to Ericsson from the airport was cutting it fine).....Getting a "yes you can go, not a problem" was about as likely to be the response as a cat to brocolli, so i had decided in this instance it was easier to ask forgiveness than permission and take the punishment later (some people just don't understand that maybe a rock concert is a life or death situation...poor souls)
As it so happened Sir Justin the Bold txted me on my way back home from Aspiring NP to see if i wanted a Saturday night ticket? I was like "hmmm.....this would solve being late and getting a right hard spanking from physio school, yes i'll get one" so Justin along with Sir Michael the Dedicated, they staked themselves out on Queen St the night while I slept off some weiry legs...thanks boys. your the shiz and i'll be seeing you in March. yeeeehhhaaaa.
I'm also looking forward to meeting a certain Hannah too, although it is not my reason for the trip....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Lord moves in mysterious ways! You should have a blast, it is going to be a Christian fest judging by the vast number of Bible bashers going!

12/16/2005 12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well ryan it is a good reason to come anyway(to meet hannah that is) because she is pretty fantastic too! ( im guessing she doesnt check this site anymore, so i can be honest!)

12/18/2005 10:15 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

No, she hasn't commented in quite awhile, i hear you are getting on very well...and yes Scotty the Lord works in mysterious ways, i mean it sounds like your going to a wc soccer match!!

12/19/2005 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been called a Sir before... It was more of an adventure than a chore. We kept a logbook of the night, and had about three or four entries each that we were going to post but then we lost the book.

12/23/2005 11:04 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

sounds like you'll deserve more than Sir as a title if you get thru a degree at the University of Auckland. Its like everything is bigger, harder, more stressful than little wee Dunners

12/23/2005 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page